I have to be honoust I am not quit sure what to think about this editorial. I think I like 1 or 2 pictures from the shoot. There was a lot of controviersy about the pictures where Beyonce’s face was painted darker.
I kopied something from a website:
“The fact that Beyonce appeared in blackface has created a lot of controversy, as it always does, but what’s sort of interesting on a side note is that in all her blackface images she’s really serious and not smiling. Can’t help but wonder if that was where she drew the line, like, it’s one thing if I’m in blackface, but I’m sure as heck not going to be cheesing it up like the stereotype.”
I really don’t know what to think about it. Is this the image Beyonce wants to have or does she have a message for us. What do you think about this editorial. Hit or miss?!!
- Beyoncé Does ‘L’Officiel Paris’ Magazine (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- “Beyonce Criticized For Blackface Photoshoot” and related posts (imnotobsessed.com)
- Beyoncé in Blackface: Fashionable or Foul? Critics Weigh In on Controversial Photo Shoot (newsfeed.time.com)
- “Beyonce in Blackface and Nigerian Outfits in Tribute to Fela Kuti.” and related posts (hiphossip.com)
- Beyonce Poses In Blackface For French Magazine: Art Or Idiotic? (hellobeautiful.com)